Thank you for enrolling in a clay class at the Arts Center! We ask that you follow these procedures to ensure the best possible experience:
- Please enter through the front doors of the Arts Center (315 S. Minnesota Avenue). The back doors may not be open during the time of your class.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early, as the teacher may not yet be present and the Arts Center may be locked.
- On the first day of class, please provide the teacher with a contact phone number and email address. Accurate contact information ensures that we can keep you informed of schedule changes and invite you to come pick up completed work in a timely fashion. Parents, if your child is taking a Kids’ or Teen class, please come into the Arts Center and deliver accurate phone number(s) and email addresses directly to the teacher, in person.
- If the Arts Center cancels a class due to weather, teacher illness, or other unforeseen events, a make-up day will be scheduled. Otherwise, it is the student’s/parent’s responsibility to be present for class. Make-up days will not be arranged for student absences.
- If you are taking an adult ceramics class, you are welcome to come in outside of class during Arts Center hours to use the clay studio (hours are online at artscentersp.org). Please take advantage of this benefit! (However, glazing is not allowed without the teacher or Clay Center manager present.)
- In addition to classes, the Clay Center is used by local artists who pay for materials and space. All shelves not designated as class shelves belong to studio renters and are off-limits to students (no touching, please).
- Finishing and firing ceramic pieces is a long and careful process. We do our best to return finished work to students as soon as possible, but it usually takes at least two weeks from the last class day to finish this process. When all work is ready, the teacher or an Arts Center volunteer will call you and ask you to come pick it up. Please wait at least two weeks from the last class day before calling or stopping in to inquire about your pieces. No student work will be available for pickup until all pieces are complete. If you do not receive a phone call after three weeks, the teacher may have received inaccurate contact info, so please inquire then by calling the Arts Center at 507-931-3630, or email@example.com.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you in class.
Ann Rosenquist Fee, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juana Arias, Clay Center Manager, email@example.com