Make a Gift
Tax-deductible donations are essential to the Arts Center’s ability to survive and thrive. Contributions of any size are helpful and appreciated. Thank you!
The Arts Center depends on members to keep us lively, inspired, and financially healthy. Memberships last for a year, and provide the following benefits:
- A 10% discount on items in the Gallery Shop
- Discounts on Arts Center classes, and facility rental for private parties
- The opportunity to exhibit in our annual members’ show
- Recognition in the annual report and other Arts Center publications
- Email notifications of upcoming events (optional)
- A $10 discount on any level of basic membership at the Walker Art Center (to receive this rate, contact the membership office at 612-375-7655)
- Discounts at the Rochester Arts Center and other local and regional organizations
- $20 Student
- $40 Adult
- $60 Family
- $100 Business or organization
You may join or renew one of three ways:
- In person or by phone (507-931-3630) during gallery hours, T-F 11-6, S-S 1-5
- By U.S. mail to 315 S. Minnesota Ave., St. Peter, 56082
- Via secure and speedy PayPal, below:
Upon receipt of payment, the Arts Center will contact you to confirm your membership.
The Arts Center would love to take any of the following items off your hands and put them to good use. If you’re interested in contributing these or other items, contact us.
- Office supplies: paper clips, staples, Post-Its
- Art supplies: acrylic paint, paint brushes, ink for printmaking, beads, markers, construction paper, feathers
- Kitchen supplies: plain-colored paper napkins, plastic utensils, small disposable bowls
- An iPod docking station
- Plastic storage bins
We need volunteers! Here’s what you can do:
- SERVE AS A DOCENT. Serve as few as two hours per month at the front desk, greeting visitors, answering questions about the art work and upcoming events, ringing up Gallery Shop purchases, smiling, and just generally making the Arts Center a welcoming place. Requires two hours of initial training (Sunday afternoons, contact us in advance to hold a spot) and a minimum commitment of two hours per month.
- SERVE AS A RECEPTION HOST. Monthly exhibition receptions require shopping (on the Arts Center’s dime), setting up a table or two, arranging name tags and flowers and crackers, and engaging in sparkling conversation with other great people who enjoy looking at art.
- SETUP/CLEANUP CREW. Monthly performances and receptions require setup and teardown of the stage, seating, refreshment tables, etc. Rewards include all the refreshment leftovers you can eat, your choice of music and volume on the stereo, and loads of appreciation from the performers and staff.
- CLAY CENTER CLEANUP. Frequent classes and retreats sometimes leave the Clay Center in need of extra attention. Mopping, box-lifting and organizing skills required. Rewards include all the inspiration and motivation you can soak up from spending time in one of the region’s most productive and interesting creative spaces.
- ASSIST THE STAFF with random, interesting, and absolutely necessary tasks. We’re happy to develop a volunteer role that suits your interests and passions. Currently, we have a Boy Scout working toward a badge by tidying up our facility each week; a college student majoring in landscape architecture who’s helping maintain and improve our Art Alley; a music industry major who helps promote and manage live music events; and more.
If you’re passionate about the arts, and have a minimum of two hours per month to commit to any of the above, contact us.